Ch2: Get back (where you belong)
The nice thing about being on vacation is that it allows you time to unwind, and refocus your energies and find the focal point of your life.
The problem with this is, however, if you happen to be like me; you don't have anything to focus on. I'm growing a tad restless. I've been cursed with the responsibility of walking my Grandma's dog and so my days are all built around that. Well, 3 days a week, but why split hairs?
The point is... taking inventory of people I know, most seem to be out of town, at school, working a good portion of the time, etc, etc. I'm left with nothing to do but sit around, bored, and wonder what diseases I might have (I shit you not... in recent years I've found that boredom leads to hypochondriacism.)
On top of all that, I'm still bitter about the dentist yesterday.
I shouldn't even be blogging, y'know? It's hardly a distraction when your day is as inactive as mine. I dread the kinds of entries you people are going to have to read over the next several months. "Oh, today I did nothing again." Or more ideally, "today I did nothing... at work." I'm working on that, and should have it secured in the next few weeks. I move slow like that.
I should write. I should be turning out 10 pages a day with this much free time, but I can not seem to get motivated. I'm stewing in it, this murky pond of idleness. Mixed metaphors rule.
Today I returned my laptop. Good riddance, I suppose. I know, everybody else was all in love with their iBooks, but I disliked mine. I always prefer to be a lone dissenter than a conformist. Of course, there's less risk in disliking something others love than loving what they don't. Anyway, it was a particular ordeal: I had to go find the temporary HQ of ITSC (whatever that stands for... the "T" means technology, I'm sure,) which was in the basement. then I stood in line for maybe 15 minutes, then I had to wait because I was the only one who had to deal with the computer fucking up (theirs not mine.) And I didn't back most of my stuff up, so goodbye last year's notes, as though I was going to use you. I love blatantly disregarding the advice of others.
There are things I was thinking earlier that might have made a nice paragraph or two, but they're gone now.
I can't help but feel guilty every time I have a Coke since yesterday. It won't stop me, it just makes me feel bad. Jerks. Way to ruin my blissful addiction.
Every now and again, late at night (right about now, for instance,) I might get a cough. It's starting to bother me. All of a sudden I'll just get a phlegmy coughing fit and I won't be able to do anything about it. Then by the time I'm in bed, it'll be gone, and not come back for a few days.
And when that's my last point before I sign off, life must really be getting uninteresting. Sad.
Well, I'll try to carry this weight. There are those who have it worse than an excess of time and lack of energy.
Keep on rockin
--Scotto--

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home