006: What is and what's perceived
It's 2:00 AM. I've been out for hours and am tired and I come home to a locked door, the key to which I was too stupid to bring along with me. I'm resourceful, though. Just frustrated.
It's been one of those Saturdays. The kind where you have so little going on you go to dangerous lengths to make it happen (whatever it may be.)
Take for instance that I finally got around to crossing "fill bike tires" off my "to-do" list. This has basically been on there since last year, as I didn't use the bike for all of 2005. Technically, the rear tire is too bald to be safe, but I don't really seem to care. It was my intention not to refill the inner tubes until I could finally replace that tire. But I found a pretty dern good air pump among somebody's junk a little while back, and decided to put it to use.
So I went on a lonnng ride around town. A word of advice - if you're going to take an hourlong bike ride in the sun, make sure you have water in your system. I got dehydrated and by the time I got back I was utterly nauseous (and those who know me well know the frequent severity of my nausea. I'm just that way.) So I won't be biking it downtown anytime soon, only North - Oakville slopes up that way and it is important to get that downward slant on your way back.
Tonight, as well, was a return to the classic Risk gang. It was one of the less thrilling outings, as I caused a scene when I believed we'd been caught in a loop, which in turn made people want to attack me less (because said loop was caused by a 3-round cycle of Conner and me going back and forth in southern Europe and nobody doing anything to stop it.) Ultimately, Pat and I co-won when it came down to him and me, with him having the resources to nearly take me out, and me having the cards to make a massive comeback.
This was coupled with the watching of Anchorman, (followed by part of Serenity, which I regrettably have yet to see in full,) and watching Chris and Pat bounce a ball of their heads, back and forth a record of 11 times.
There are a few things idly buzzing around my head, but it's late and I'm quite drowsy, so I think I'm gonna call it a night.
Sleep tight, may the sandman be kind, and keep on rockin'
-Scotto

2 Comments:
I wanted to comment, but I don't know what to say... So, I wish you sweet dreams. Hoep to talk to you soon Scott. Bye for now,
roybn ;.
Hope* ;p
...and the 'double-post' lives on ;p !
Post a Comment
<< Home