001: Enjoy yourself in misery
It's a beautiful night tonight. The air feels pure, you can hear for miles. The moon shines a pale crescent beacon, the stars dot the misty sky, a grey light underscores the distant horizon, and somewhere, I should think, some poor bloke is becoming heartbroken.
I'm finally back on a regular nighttime blog schedule after a few days of being on that weird jumpy morning schedule.
The dreams have remained fairly strange. I can't really describe them anymore it's all a big jumbled mess. But they remain as vivid as an unfinished canvas.
Yesterday I went for a long walk. It's not unusual for me to do so, particularly on Wednesdays, and particularly when it concerns going to the comic store. I had inexplicably woken myself up early and, on that grey, foggy morning where rain was forecast, toted an umbrella with me to the lakeshore area.
I stopped by my favourite spot in the world on the way, and was humbled somewhat by the endless grey infinity that stretched out before me. It cleared up later, but for a moment it was as though I had reached the very edge of the world. I should remember that feeling, I can use it.
The place is usually crowded, infested with varying degrees of elderly folks and stay-at-home moms out for walks, but it was this week of uncertain weather that allowed the spot to be vacated. I like that.
Now, I have, in my time, seen all sorts of low behaviour. I have been wowed time and again by what depths human compassion can plummet to. There is perhaps no better place to see the worst of humanity on display than at the supermarket - specifically, the parking lot.
I thought I had seen the lousiest thing I ever would in a parking lot several weeks ago, but was impressed by how much worse I saw today. This first instance happened when Eric and I were waiting for mom to return with her groceries after we'd already loaded ours into the trunk. Now, I advise everybody who drives to the supermarket here and now never to back your car in. Always be sure your trunk is facing outward, otherwise you are setting yourself up for an easy shot at being a major asshole. This yuppie couple had backed their SUV into their parking space, therefore cutting off easy access to their trunk. So they bring the cart around and start loading it. Now, Eric and I are watching them from the safety of our car. We discuss what they are doing and guess at the possible outcome. We've seen it before but never actually witness the act. They finish loading up their groceries and then just drive off, leaving the cart in the parking space.
This is quite possibly the quintessential of all inconsiderate and downright dickweedish acts, to leave the cart behind sitting in the parking space. A good, decent sitizen can't use that space without getting out of their car and doing what you were supposed to do - get out of their car and haul that motherfucking cart away. I wanted to spit on that fucking black SUV. It takes twenty effing seconds to take your cart back to the deposit, it's a trust that you are going to do that when you take one inside the store. Be responsible, you yuppie pricks.
Even worse than that was that when we went tonight, we saw an ugly extension of that, which was that people were merely depositing their carts in the handicapped and pregnancy spaces. There were six or eight of them just left there with nobody to take them where they belong - and only two or three actually sitting where they belong.
Anyway, that about wraps up what's on my mind tonight. Life is pretty dull, and I'll share a couple of bus stories tomorrow if I've got the energry, but this parking lot nonsense has got me too annoyed.
And that's a testament to how bored I am lately that I have time to sit around being annoyed at these things.
Keep on rockin'
--S.A. Williams

1 Comments:
Just saying hi :) . Hi awesome.
Post a Comment
<< Home