Ch17: A bustle in your hedgerow (don't be alarmed)
If you listen to "Stariway to Heaven" enough times in a row, you begin to think you have magical powers. You don't.
It's funny, but I'm on kind of a kick. Many years ago, I first heard the song at the insistence of Luke Heaslip, who was the one who converted me to Classic Rock. I hated it. I thought it was the most overrated song ever. And for a long time I resented Led Zeppelin for getting all this praise. And then I listened to it a few more times and it grew on me. I still don't think it is the greatest song ever written, but it's deserving of most of the accolade. Not praising the song just makes it seem silly.
For the record, I'm pretty sure the greatest rock song ever written is "Baba O'Reily" by the Who, but the topic is open to discussion.
I'm fighting off a burgeoning addiction to coffee. I've spent far too much money at Tim Horton's in the last few weeks. It's not as tohugh I didn't drink any coffee before the break - as a matter of fact, I was drinking plenty for those early-morning newsroom sessions. However, it's becoming ever more difficult for me to get on with my day if I haven't gotten out, and coffee provides a good destination for that. Strangely enough, it's tempering my already-existing cola addiction. I guess the last step toward adulthood is alcoholism. Kidding, naturally; there's nothing funny about alcohol abuse.
So I have a new first-cousin-once-removed. Aaron Michael Speers was born this morning at 5:00-something A.M. No, I din't have to share my birthday but it's much, much closer tha n I would've liked, given that she had two false-labours (or as I called them, false hope.)
I spoke to CAry today. He seems to be enjoying Italy. I don't remember if I mentioned this, but I also spoke to Chris late last week and he said to say hello... so if you're reading this, you know the Fergusons and I've seen you since last week, and I didn't say Chris said hello... well, he did.
Bored senseless, Eric and moseyed on off to Blockbuster, and got "The Ice Harvest." Review to come. I also saw Ana working, we made chit chat about saturday, which is all most people want to talk about. I'm being kind of shy about it became... well, I'm fuckin shy, you should know that by now. Well, I discussed it with mom, and everything seems set. The only x-factor is Emily. Well, I'm not gonna let her existence stand in my way. I figure I owe her one for all the loudness early in morning. It's a quiet retribution (by which I mean, she doesn't know I can hear her in the mornings and this is my private way of getting back at that.)
So it's all set. Curtain up at 9, so be prepared to arrive around 8:30, Casa Williams. If you don't know where it is, just ask.
Been workin' to get my spark back. There's a bounce in my step.
Keep on rockin'
-Scotts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home