x11: Still suffering symptoms he never had
The world is sickness right now. I've clawed my way back to 90% health -- merely sniuffling and occasionally coughing a bit. Eric is trying his hardest to get over this insane stomach cold he's stricken with. I think I deserve some commendation for sitting here as he's taken to the couch, where he sleeps, coughs, and vomits in a bucket, preferably while I'm not looking. Brandon's just come down with something althought from the looks of it it ain't nearly so bad as what we've been going thorugh the past two point five weeks.
Today was a long lazy day that began yesterday. I was at the e-zine meeting as scheduled, except I hadn't done any of what was asked of me. It was subconsciously deliberate since I didn't know what was due, and wouldn't have done it anyway. I joked around with the teacher, Jody Sanderson, to get on her good side about my laziness. What can I say? My charm is a deadly weapon sometimes.
So I got that done within a few hours and spent a long while talking to Tammy about... whatever came up, I guess. A great deal of time tohugh was spent talking about the think piece, an assignment due in history the next day (today) that I had not started. It was the kind of thing, like the Law exam, that gets people riled up. I told people I already had it written. I just needed to figure out what order the words would go in. It was all in my brain.
I was eager to find a break in the rain so I could walk home in dryness, and would wait as long as necessary to get it. Eventually I did.
After the usual sit around and procrastination, I decided to juggle TV watching with thinkpiece writing. I pored over the background info for my piece about Childcare Allowances, while watching The Office's supersized episode. Once that was over and I had only a few paragraphs done by the time the episode was over, but the night wore on and after a few hours, I had over 900 words, even having glossed over a few potential key points, relegating theme to mere sidenotes. After all, it's not an essy, it's a "think piece."
So I slept in this morning, even missing my shower to make th 8:00 history and politics class. I get there and find Roy taking the assignments, saying Leslie's out sick today. Hah, terrific, a class cancelled for the second time in as many days. A few of us just sat around, shot the breeze, and talked about serial killers. As with the day before, I was waiting out the weather, and Mansoor agreed to give me a ride home.
After that, it was video games for about 4 hours, followed by dinner, TV, and then beer. Not that I'm drunk-blogging, I don't think I could bring myself to do that. I was thirsty and went through the fridge. There were no clean glasses and for once I wasn't up for a Coke. The Stellas have just sort of been sitting there since Pat's birthday, since I oh so rarely drink at home, and all the same, the past two weeks have seen my immune system a little too taxed to deal with booze.
I've had some wonderings lately, I doubt I'll have the energy to post them anytime soon and by the time I do, I'll forget em altogether.
So I'm gonna mosey on off to bed in only a moment. Man, we're too big for this world.
Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home