x16: Never expecting what's around the corner
It's been a long couple of days. Roughly 48 hours, give or take.
I don't even feel like writing an entry, but it's one of those weekends where I absolutely have to, given my (fairly vague) critera for when I ought to go. Today fits right into the category of "even if your hands are tired."
They're tired because I've been staring at this damn laptop screen for a few hours working through the layout of this ezine. I've been grumbling about it for weeks and have meant to type up a whole rant about it at some point, but more important* stuff kept coming up
*Relatively speaking, since if you started trying to find "importance" on this blog... it'd be a tricky search.
I can't get comfortable. I'm all fidgety and shit.
I couldn't go to bowling yesterday, there was no ride available and I just thought "fuck it." Didn't even go do a bowl off despite knowing sufficiently in advance I wouldn't be able to go.
It was kind of a good thing, too, because I had committed to this open house on Saturday morning and I didn't realize at the time the conflict. I came into the school, got to borrow a t-shirt (XL, which as everyone knows, is my size,) and a nametag. I got to spend 5 hours standing around talking to people about Print Journalism. More accurately, however, I got to stand around telling people who to talk to about Media Arts, as it's a much more popular program and we were standing right next to them. Furthermore, most of the time it'd be some high school kid come by with his parents, and the kid would look comatose as he mumbled, "I'm... interested in, uh... journalism," and the parents give me the Spanish inquisition** about my homework, class locations, and other ultimately inconsequential attributes of the program.
**(Which I, like many others, did not expect. Har har.)
Anyway, there are worse ways to get $9 an hour and a free lunch. It kinda killed me for the rest of the day, and I sat around until Risk.
While I was at school, I hopped onto a computer during the longest 5-minute break I ever took and found an MSN message waiting for me of CB asking me if Risk was still on. Not knowing it was on the agenda to begin with, I said I supposed so, and let me know. Flash forward that evening, and we are finally, after many months of failed attempts, Risking it.
Not a bad night, but to be honest, halfhearted. We had a visitor, a friend of Chris and Pat's, and he joined. Guest-players often shake up the game in a needed way, but add an x-factor that sometimes doesn't work, especially when he has to leave artway through. It happens, though and the experience was a decent enough one. Besides, like I said, we were distracted. Naturally, we were more interested in the fact that Chris bought a Wii last week. It was finally time to shake hands with a nunchuk.
And? Not bad. I can see one of these bad boys gracing my home in a few months or years, after Mario Galaxy comes out and the price jumps down a bit. I threw my shoulder out playing Wii Sports Baseball, but it's a lot of fun. And it will help a lot of fat kids, if not give them a fatal heart attack.
A pig is a dog with down's syndrome.
I got home after 2 and as usual warded off sleep as long as I could manage, ultimately crashing around 3:30.
Today was a gorgeous day out, but I squandered it. Initially waiting for grocery shopping, we got on that late, and I wanted to walk out for comics and by the time I went out for that it started to chill again. Mwerf.
Being that it's only a month until boxing day, it's finally time for people to put the christmas lights out. I fondly remember the first year mom ever asked me and Eric to string up the lights outside. Charged with this task, we gladly did a horrible job sticking lights to our metal frame railing with electrical tape. We haven't been asked to do so since.
I'm really starting to get moving on this ezine thing, which is a good thing I suppose since it's due really soon.
Now as for this poetry anthology... hrmph.
But that's why I come into school on days like Monday and Tuesday when I am largely free.
So keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home