7/06/2007

F: Forget Hesitation

Stay up with my tonight darlin'. I got dem ole "looks like I'm starin' down de future" blooze, mama.

I'm signed up to go to this orientation session at U of T (or as Flaming Carrot would say, "Ut!") tomorrow... this is necessary and I admitted a few days ago to my dad that I've never felt like I needed help more in my life. It was, in my usual way, a sarcastically straightforward delcaration of vulnerability. So it's good I'm going. Naturally, the downside is that this is a saturday morning. And though, in my unoccupied, isolated haze of a life, one day is much the same as the last regardless of its name, but it really isn't. It's almost sickening how compartmentalized my weeks have become, causing them to slip by almost imperceptibly.

I mean, the most major part is sadly the highlight of my week, the thing that proves how obviously time is passing and I am even anticipating it (these past few sentences have made no sense but that's how I roll; cathartic nonsense still does the trick.) That's waiting for comics on Wednesday. And sadly, strangely, I've been having to go on Thursdays lately because of ill-times rain or threats of rain. Two weeks ago it was supposed to rain on Wednesday so I stayed in; I felt like I'd been assed around when it didn't. This week it legit did rain on Wednesday. 7-day forecast says rain for this wednesday, not that I believe it a whit at this point.

My main point, lost in that circular rant, is that I'd rather not have to do this on a Saturday. I'd rather have Saturdays to myself. And getting up and going to Toronto on a Saturday morning? Not my favourite idea in the world, especially since the purpose is for, you know, whatever they do at orientations, I anticipate it will be boring (though hopefully informative; fingers crossed,) thus making me feel horrible in my tiredness, much like commencement.

But whatever man. I had, a while back, tried to arrange a get-together for the 7th, to re-unite with the Newsroom crew, but that appears to have fallen apart, given that we went ahead and tried to do a recruiting via facebook without a set idea of what we'd be doing. That was jumping the gun somewhat. Just as well, I'm a little tapped out for the moment. Oh well, it's not cancelled, just... indefinitely postponed. I'll probably figure out something else to do... but like I said, I ain't squanderin' no mo' Saturdays.

I hven't gotten to that non-essential business I mentioned yesterday, but I'm getting a little tired of my computer's near-comical level of lagginess (given that I'm using iTunes) so I'll work it in sometime in the future. I've been downloading like a madman trying to simulate the collection I'd accumulated over the years. I've got a satisfactory approximation by now. It was the first real downloading I'd done in years.

Believe you can escape. It may not be too late.

Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home