8/03/2024

W: Source of Darkness

I think we've been doing our best to enjoy the dog days of summer, in that nothing is directly making them bad. Well, there is work, which is painful in different ways for both of us. Mel is being overextended -- as per always -- and I am whiling away my time in commute, tired and ill-rested. I was talking to the ladies at the coffee shop the other day, and one said "Well hey, the week's almost over" and I noted that I did not want to be in a place in my life where I am wishing away the time. The other one noted that she had left her job at the tech company we share a building with to go work at Jimmy's. I'm quite envious of someone who is able to make a leap like that.

When we last left off in mid-July, the rain was starting. We actually got the worst of it the next day. Had I been smart and not a tool, I would have stayed home due to the inclement weather, but it wasn't bad when I set out and so I went. It poured heavily throughout the day, clearing up in the afternoon, but the damage was done. There were train delays, but I ended up meeting up with my aunts for an impromptu beer and some wings, although I was feeling too socially anxious and tired to eat. It was actually quite a nice little side-trip and I wish I had been able to be better company, and hadn't been so concerned about letting Mel down by not coming home in good time. In Burlington there was flooding, but our house remained dry. I had had the foresight to put the garbage can under the overflowing gutter to catch the rainwater and I am convinced this stopped anything bad from happening to our basement.

We've been around. We took Hank to Nonna's for her birthday a few weeks ago. Last weekend we had been hoping to go to the movies to see Deadpool and Wolverine, but Mel had to work a whole bunch. We did end up finding time to go to the beach, though (Hank stayed home.) It was a little miserable getting out there, very stressful to find parking, but once we got to the water it was blissful. We got there around 3 or 4 and stayed until dinner, which we picked up from Boston Pizza.

We were good this week and made lots of our own meals and lunches. Gotta celebrate that.

Otherwise, time is understandably a blur. I have some negative feelings about the current status quo that should come as no surprise to anyone. I'm still trying to find my way through, but isn't that the story of the last 20 years?

Keep on rockin'

-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home