11/25/2004

#18: Think About It (Or, Coney Island White Fish Boy)

Hey Kids! It's everybody's favourite Idiot ManChild here for more ramblings which nobody will ever read, as far as I know. I'd appreciate it if anyone out there reading this would maybe leave a message once in a while, even Anonymously. As long as you state your name at the bottom or something, it's cool. doesn't even have to be this entry, any other one.

Now that that's outta the way...

It seems like I only have time to write blogs when there's nothing going on (*obvious statement.) I'll find myself writing about "yesterday," that is, the day before whatever day had just happened. Like today. and by today, I mean yesterday. you'll see what I mean when I start a new paragraph.

Yesterday was kinda a big day, dramatically. I did my "duologue" presentation of Mitch & Blanche, and got some really positive feedback from it. Apparently, slipping in and out of (and between) two characters is something I appear to do well. That's nice to know. See, i just like to do things where after people will stop me and be like "Hey, that was good" (or better yet, "awesome.")

The other Dramatic thing from yesterday was my Fringe audition. This is kinda a weird one to think about. I've never thought of myself as an actor, and so auditioning is weird for me. It goes back to my original Fringe audition, the awkward experience I fondly recall as the inspiration for what became "Half-Past Eight PM." Then there was the Grade 11 Audition unit, (see early episodes of this blog.) Apparently, I did well on that, as it prompted Ana to give me a little positive feedback earlier today before CommTech, which put me in a good mood for the rest of today. Personally, I think Alyssa did a really good job with her audition. So do the directors, apparently. She's in high demand, and rightfully so, because she's a very good actress. But hey, all the auditions I saw that weren't mine (which was only a few, including Alyssa,) were good. Last year, nobody who auditioned bothered to memorize, and so reading off the sheet became the "thing." It was actually kinda hard to watch. I made sure to leave my sheet at home that day. I didn't wanna fall into that trap, the trap that helped ruin my Grade 10 audition (in addition to doing it badly.)

Like I said, I don't fancy myself an actor. This is mostly because I am prone to terriffic stage fright of the strangest kind. Oh, it disappears as soon as I step onstage, and is replaced by a feeling of tremendous confidence... but before a performance I'm so nervous and afraid it's insane. I wonder who'll cast me? The reason though, that I decided to audition, is that fundamentally I needed something to get me outta the house. That's what I'm looking for these days... I spend a lot of time here at home, with Eric. I want to cut down on that. Short of getting a job, extracurricular activities is the best way to do it. It's relatively painless and I know msot of the people, and so this becomes my life.

Mandatory emotional content: If I was the type to have feelings, who would I have them for? Do I even know any single girls anymore? Hey, do I even know any single people anymore?

Keep on Rockin'
Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home