5/23/2005

#12: Never as deep as you thought

Y'know, I've been craving an Iced Cap from Tim Horton's... but damned if it's too chilly. The weather is taking an obscenely long time to get consistently good.

So, thank goodness I didn't get on the computer yesterday. I was mega-depressed about stuff, and now that I've had a little time to relax, I'm cool. It's rare these days to catch me on a good day, but here we are.

I figure it might have something to do with having gotten a haircut. All that hair flippin' and floppin' all over my face was really irritating. It's more manageable now (although as haircuts go, it's not the best I've ever had.) The guy that cut my hair... man, imagine Michael Chiklis from the Sheild, but kinda femme-ish, and with hands that smell disturbingly like pineapple. Shit you not, it was hard to keep from laughing at his island-scented hands.

Plus, my back had been ultra-killing me for a couple days, and I don't wanna talk about it since that feels like inviting it back, but whenever that happens it gets me down, puts me in a headspace like "everything's so futile if I can't get rid of this fershlugginer pain." And I ain't no party to be around.

Today's Victoria Day. Now, call me crazy, but this is far from one of my favourite days of the year, mostly since everybody's on vacation and there's nothing to do. Like, when I go on vacation, I don't want the whole world to get the day off with me. Plus, every one of my usual haunts is closed up, so I'm basically trapped indoors with my family. Well, at least only partly, since I'm doing shooting with Kyle, so that'll get me out.

Been watching a lot of Hitchcock lately, since MPix is doing a seemingly perpetual tribute to the man. Yesterday it was "The Man Who Knew Too Much." Let me tell ya, if you're into film, there are three directors whose films you must appreciate: Alfred Hitchcock, Woody Allen, and Martin Scorcese. Everyone else you might very well dismiss, but you gotta give some love to those 3, disparate as they may be. If any of those directors you dislike, then you may as well not see any movies since you clearly have no taste. Harsh? Yeah a bit, but that's my attitude toward film.

Okay, well I may as well truncate it right there, lest my buoyant mood fail me. Keep on rockin', fans
-Scotto

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hitchcock. J'adore.

1:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home