V: It all comes down to bread, bananas, and milk.
A quiet kind of frustration at the world these days. I had no effort to put into not totally hating the world today. I couldn't be bothered to try. The sun was out, and as disappointed as Liam would be to hear me say this, I was glad, since I hate the cold/rainy/windy conditions we've endured lately. I figure he'd be disappointed, because I think he has me in his mind as a kind of kindred spirit/role model, someone to whom he can relate. And while that last part is true, there are many emotional/behavioural traits he may see in me that aren't there. Just a theory, though.
I've become such a drag lately, and for that I apologize. I just spent a good 20 minutes around the dinner table whining about my job, and even I didn't find it to be pleasant conversation. Not that I had an unpleasant night, although it was certainly different (if not for the world record attempt at marathon bowling courtesy of Andy Milne, then because I was equipped with a walkie talkie because the intercom broke down.) I'm just in the mood to complain lately, which seems right, since that may have been the only thing I truly ever was good at. In this spirit, I have added my Grade 12 Writer's Craft beat poetry summative to Interneta.
I found myself at WOSS today, if only because I make it a point not to get couped up indoors all day when I don't have school. And I was curious to see how my amigos in Grade 11 were coming along in their docudramas. They naturally asked me to come see their presentations, and while I'd like to, the scheduling is just too tough. Although the docudramas are often the best of the year. I also caught up with Rosser in a nice long chat, basically unloading all the info I had on everyone. Yeah, there's that old "small minds discuss people" cliche, but whatever man. Let me be small minded every once in a while.
I also lectured anyone with ears to hear about the hazards of Fringe directing. Nobody seemed to take it to heart, but they'll soon learn.
I do, however, have a lot of shit to unload. I shouldn't keep it all bottled up, especially when I have this blog for the express purpose of release. Is it wrong that I want attention? Fuck no! Man is a social animal. He craves attention from his fellow man and from the opposite sex. Fuckin' propagation of the species and shit. And it'd be nice if I could pin the blame on "oh those hormones of mine," but hey man - I am those hormones, so I might as well just say "oh, me." Maybe we don't desire a girl because our hormones are rushing, but our hormones are rushing because we desire a girl. Or did I just blow your mind?
I just can't quite articulate exactly what this funk of mine is. It has to do with: (in no particular order) a specific girl, girls in general, friends who are couples, my creative output, my workload at school, my job, my home life, the weather, and perhaps a lack of nutrition in my diet. Okay that last one isn't likely. i've just got a lot to think about.
Girls, man. What the hell.
I'll let you know sometime, when I get it all sorted out.
Keep on rockin
-SAW

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home