S: In silent hiding
I'm so bored. I mean, I've got nothing going on and I keep bounding from one site to the next and back again. My bones ache and my patience is tested by certain external factors and I can't stop obsessing over these minute little occurrences in my life, and I can't bring myself to be concerned with natural disasters, diseases, wars, trials, etc, etc. Some journalist I'd make.
I don't even want to talk about it. Is that weird? All I've got to talk about is how there is so much I don't want to talk about. I don't feel like opening up tonight. I think I just poked my eardrum and nearly deafened myself. That was a non-sequitor. There's just so much useless crap I could use as blog filler bt I'm exhausted right now. No point.
J-History test today. Not terribly difficult stuff to handle: just pick a few names and say what you can about them. I didn't ace it, but I'm sure I got a healthy pass. I try not to think of it in terms of "if I don't do well I'll lose my scholarship and be financially raped," but who has time for such a concern? You could drive yourself crazy and reach the same point where you're not going to succeed any more. Fear is not a good motivator. It's great for controlling others, but it's terrible for use in motivation. What's needed is inspiration. And I think my J-History midterm, as well as the paper I wrote, were inspired.
And I just found out I finished Print Production (only a half-semester) with a 95%. So I'm not overly concerned by my mark at the moment. Hooray for me.
I need a shave.
Not to get too controversial, but I'm inspired by a discussion on Letterman with Madonna: How does one define sex? Is it any intimate contact? Is it (gasp) penetration? Is it, (as Madonna incredulously claims) the act of thinking about sex? Under that line of thinking, doesn't thinking about having sex with someone who will not have sex with you constitute rape? Or masturbation?
I don't personally know how to define sex, but a good place to start is with the genitals coming into contact. As for oral... surely it qualifies as "sex" since the word "sex" is included in the phrase "oral sex..." but it's not the same as "intercourse" and you surely can't reproduce that way.
Think about the seahorse... supposedly the male of that species carries and gives birth, but how is it then defined as a male? Is it the chromosomes? The equipment? One would think that the carrying of children immediately qualifies as female, but if you asked them, would they be able to tell you last night's football score? Could they fix a carburator? Do they find Tim Allen funny? Okay, none of those represent all males... particularly Tim Allen (although I liked him in Galaxy Quest and the underrated Big Trouble.)
Well, food for thought on this otherwise useless night. A rare lack of self-obsession.
We'll talk later. Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home