6/13/2006

007: Float on by me

It ain't easy, man.

Life's little curiosities; an ad taped to numerous lampposts in the neighbourhood advertising "Quick, easy divorces." I'm not sure what's more peculiar: that such a sign exists, or that so many tabs were ripped off it. No respect for the age-old institution of divorce.

My mind's been getting lazy, crazy, pent-up. I owe two people e-mails. I'm spending my time on frivolities and anticipating against hope that one of my few contacts out there with my resume will eventually call me up and end this unemployed nothingness.

My dreams grow ever more frantic. I can't even recall the details when I wake, only minor notes of settings, characters and events. I see so many places and so many things being done I can't frame it all properly. In the film Coffee & Cigarettes, directed by Jim Jarmusch (recommended viewing, by the way, if you're up for something different,) comedian Steven Wright claims he likes to drink coffee before bed because it makes him dream fast, like they start whizzing by one after the other. It feels like that.

Oh brain... you wander.

It's World Cup season. Now, I'm as Anglo as one gets (without ever having actually set foot on English soil that is,) but I am taking this opportunity to defy my heritage and root for Sweden. It's a long and complicated story as to my motivations for this sudden Swedification, but the long-and-short of it is I wanted to go for a team that doesn't have a tonne of flags everywhere. Now, as soon as Sweden's out, I'll probably revert to my Anglophilic roots and paint the cross of St. George on my face. Or at least I would, if I really care about soccer (that's part of the reason why I'm suddenly so pro-Sweden... I'm bored and this is how I amuse myself.)

My tongue hurts. Why, why, why, why, why? Why tongue, why must you hurt? Ecch it irritates me so. And my allergies, ugh, and this, that and the other, boy I'm full of little discomforts. Nothingh major, just a many, many minor discomforts.

Oh well. Off to bed I suppose... nothing interesting except now my speaking in a broken English sort. At least today I ran into an estranged friend. This pleased me.

Keep on rockin'
-Scotts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home