12/05/2006

II: Each night when my esophagus closes

I suppose I'll make this one a quicker one, since I'm tired and there's not much to say. As opposed to last nights, which took hours of distracted typing.

I was in a good mood today. I had gotten lots of sleep, a good eventful weekend, and was basically in a good mood. I buzzed around happily for much of the day. Then my thoughts turned to my law assignment which I'd had no intention of doing and put no effort into whatsoever. That class is going to kill my mark. I have no care for this, strangely. I've never been one who is concerned with marks. And since the course is built around "Worry about portfolio first, covet marks second," I've had no reason to. I've been concerned with doing layout and gathering leftover stories to do.

Law class is a severe morale killer for me. Let's set aside the fact that I've never been a law guy. Add that to the fact that the class goes from 4-6 PM on a monday evening and I usually haven't had a decent lunch. Consider the teaching style which leave some inconsistencies in the end result, and a general confusion about where I'm at that is right in line with everyone else's confusion. Mix these ingredients up and you've got the end of Scotto's good mood for the day. I came home, made dinner (or helped at any rate,) and then sat around whilst certain brothers stewed in a bad mood for unrelated reasons I didn't want to get into.

Speaking of stewing, the whole house smells like soup because my mom is on this insane diet so she can lose 10 Lbs before Christmas. Well, that's a woman's perogative if she wants to be concerned with her physique. Whatever. I'm secretly concerned this was brought on by something Tim said, because he made a similar comment toward me (??)

By the way, the bridge between those two paragraphs was the best segué ever. You all know it.

I don't know what to expect tomorrow. Work until midnight, which I'm becoming adept at.

You know, there was a time when I was really motivated and excited about doing things. In fact, I believe I used to fancy myself a writer, if I recall correctly. Maybe I'll try that again someday.

Oy, it's going to be a long two weeks.

Keep on rockin'
-Your only true Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home