x18: Take to the skies
I don't know if anyone read my last night's post, although I have faith it got out there somewhere. I didn't want to send out the negativity, but I needed an exorcism. Hopefully it didn't cause anybody to get too heavy on their own business. That'd be a drag.
I'm writing this from the newsroom because I feel the need to get one out tonight and with the hours I'm down for at HMV tonight, I'm not sure I'll be in any shape to form a coherent thought, let alone type it out when I'm done.
I spent much of the night tossing and turning. There were a few reasons for this, I suppose. Obviously, I'm finding myself overworked and have resolved not to "take it" anymore for now. Twisted Sister style, maybe. Also, I was worried I was getting sick again, although that doesn't seem to have materialized.
The big one was that I was tossing and turning thinking about leaving. Getting out of town for a while. Forget how or when, I'll figure that out when the time comes. It looks, though, like I might have a great deal of free time in the spring if I get what I'm after as far as placement goes. Time will tell on that. I think I might just hit the road. I don't know if I'm still going to feel this way when the opportunity comes, but the idea hasn't really left my head in months to the point where it's a foregone conclusion and not just a fleeting fantasy. I think I have to go.
I wore a blue long-sleeved shirt to school today. I don't think I've worn it for months, if not years. The last time I can remember is New York City, but I'm sure I've worn it since, and left the sleeves rolled up on my hanger. I'm wearing a tie, too. Outwardly it's because I was taping a poetry reading with Joe and wanted to look the part for the lines I delivered (square white guy.) But really, I decided to dress this way today. I tied the tie myself, which is something I've only done once before. It's not something I'm going to make a habit of doing, but maybe it pays to be unlike yourself in some insignificant way for a day.
Well I'm doing my best to deal. Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home