11/07/2008

Chapter 4: Volume Up!!

Scotto, it's 9:00 on a Friday night. You're 21 years old and could, if you so desired, be within Toronto in the length of a trainride. Go out. Have a drink. Enjoy yourself.

Well, I just can't. Or won't. All I've really wanted all week is time to sit back and relax and finally I have that tonight. Maybe I'll do something tomorrow (as likely not) but tonight I kinda just want to write. Of course that begins with this ole girl and hopefully I can keep the mojo after.

I think I've deduced that the reason I've fallen into a creative slump is that I don't have the stamina for typing that I used to. Maybe my wrists are getting tired (a terrifying thought at 21) or maybe I'm just lazy. In fact that's pretty likely.

I'm coming out the other side of a quickie bastard cold. I woke up the past few mornings feeling rough but by the end of the day it's all okay. I'd chalk it up to ColdFX. The weather's been nice, although the change from chilly to mild probably contributed to my illness. Whatever. Apart from feeling kinda brutal the other night, I've done what I always do when sick... ignoring it and trying to get on with my life.

I've been doing a lot of writing, though.... in my head. Constructing a fairly elaborate yet ultimately simple story, reconsidering old tales like Melancholy... a long time ago I had an idea for a sequel (which obviously I can't get to until I'm finished with it) and today (and yesterday a bit) I paid it some serious thought and now I really know what I want it to be. All the same, tonight out to be a busy night, because I want to get all of this out of my system (as much as I can get) because the next few weeks are going to be end-of-semester hell.

Gosh darnit.

Cutting this entry short more or less on that note. Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home