0101: Every little piece of it
Hard to believe, but there was once a time when there was so little lag between entries that merely describing the events of my day sufficed. I've often reminisced about those days of White Oaks and Sheridan when it was as simple as coming home after a long day of school and venting whatever shit had managed to accumulate in the previous 24-48 hours. I thought my posting rate would never slow down, but now I must accept that it inevitably has.
As usual, I blame Twitter. And while my life is as uninteresting as ever, I'm less and less inclined to go on at length about it. Of course, if you think this means I'm calling it off and ending this (rather juvenile) practice, well, you don't know me. Baby I can bullshit on the Internet all decade if need be.
I'm not as wound up as I was last week about Eric, and about life in general, although that doesn't mean I won't be again. These things tend to come and go in waves. I'm finding my balance. A friend of mine -- whom I know only through the internet -- suggested I should get out more, because I guess she's under the assumption that whenever I'm not at work I'm on the computer.
There's some truth to this. Not entirely, but it's hard to deny I've embraced shut-in-ism, and have therefore been the source of my own angst for a lot of this summer. It certainly wasn't, going to be as epic as last year. With friends as far as Toronto and Guelph and France and Hong Kong, work tying me to certain duties of time and space, I'm not getting out as much as I probably could. I could be doing it better.
But it's not like I'm trapped. I very seriously considered going to Guelph to see Robyn this week. I hung out with Vasa this past Wednesday -- she's going to Serbia for a dig (so that's another friend going out of bounds this summer, not to mention another friend whose life is indescribably more interesting than mine.) Marti and I have been grappling with the specifics of a hangout for weeks. I have my annual obligatory "Party where I don't know anybody" coming up. I don't know how I manage to get myself into these situations, but they tend to be awesome.
A few years ago, for instance, I was at Jazmin's, and she knows a lot of really eclectic people. I remember getting a lift back to Union station with a dude and a random Afro-British lady, who joined me in debating the virtues of the Ang Lee Hulk movie, among other superhero films. If I hadn't been so exhausted, I might've pursued. Ah, life! You never know who you're going to meet.
My point is, there's a balance, and I'm reaching it. It's only a matter of time before I have to go back to the old routine - or some variation thereof anyhow.
Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

1 Comments:
You know, you are always welcome at my place; there doesn't need to be an excuse like a BBQ ;) :) .
Ha ha ha! I always get the weirdest word verification dealios here :p . This time it's 'papsyc'. 'Sounds like some kind of description of a particularly good pap smear (if that is possible). That pap was papsyc, dude!
...too far? :p
Post a Comment
<< Home