10/05/2024

DD: An unfamiliar song

Normally Saturday mornings are for writing but I can't seem to get excited about it. Well, it's bound to happen. Maybe I can ramp up to it. I was hoping to read some X-Men but the site seems to be having difficulties.

I feel like I'm made up of a bunch of different little crises. My mom wants me to come over and finally put her shed together before the weather gets bad, but who knows when there is going to be time for it. I keep trying to do the mental calculus and it's not easy. Mel, of course, is irked that it falls to me, since I have two brothers who could help but we all know that this shit just naturally falls to my territory. Is it fair? I don't care. I only wish that she had nudged me about this earlier in the summer when there was a bit -- not much but a bit -- more time and leeway.

We're supposed to go to Dad's tonight for his birthday. After she got home from her outing last night Mel was telling me she's still not feeling great, and seems particularly congested in her ear. So I don't know if she's going to want to go which means I don't know if I'm going to go, and it all just makes me sigh in defeat.

Then I think forward a little bit. We want to have our little day/overnight trip to the spa, but what to do about Hank? Do we only do a day, with all the rushing around that entails, or do we leave him with someone? Do we reach out to the Internet, or do we prevail on Mel's parents (tough given that Hank still hasn't fully warmed to Randy.) We love Hank but his arrival definitely means the end of a certain kind of freedom we enjoyed, but only occasionally took advantage of.

Looking at him over there though, it's obviously worth it.

I don't know if it's a good thing to unload my problems like this but keeping them to yourself is probably not generally healthy either. Of course I could/should probably talk it out with Mel but I feel like that is a stressful conversation waiting to happen. I do sometimes wish I did not feel so entangled and yet I refuse to clip the ties that bind.

Well, I think my comic is ready. Keep on rockin'

-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home