11/20/2025

34: 7/16ths (a little less than half)

I am typing this to you with my thumbs (which surely means typos as well as brevity.) It was not my intention. I had booted up my computer, which had run out of juice after being unplugged (but off -- allegedly) all day and this logged me out. Oh well, we'll get em next time.

It is 9:11 PM on Thursday night but it feels a bit like A Million O'Clock. I'm tired from a long day with way more walking than was probably necessary. I went into the city for a dental appointment, which was at 9:30, because why not, I was going in with Mel anyway. She had a day at the downtown office followed by a holiday party at Spin (from which she has not yet returned or even indicated she is on a train.) My dental appt was originally on Monday but I got it switched to synchronize with her day downtown.

All is well in my mouth, except as always I need to floss more, and I think I am actually getting to the point where I take such things seriously and act on them. I really want to!

I then scheduled a lunch meetup with Tony, which I walked to from the dentist in an attempt to save on Subway fare. We then walked to St. Lawrence Market and had some seafood, in my case a nice lobster bisque, which felt appropriate given the frigid weather (although we did eat outside, where we had some privacy.) Also I had had a late breakfast after the dentist's. We talked about professional (and nonprofessional) woes, personal stuff, aging, philosophy, polyamory (his.) The convo wasn't quite as far-ranging as it sometimes is, but it was certainly a very full two hours. We ended up walking a lot more.

Mel and I have been going through it in the last few weeks. We have unfortunately had to go back to the drawing board on surrogacy as our hoped-for match fell through due to irreconcileable differences. It hurts but it is ultimately the move we have to make. There are some things you can give on and some you can't. It was hard to process in some ways. Saturday morning, lots of tears were shed, and then we spent Sunday and Monday in bed just sort of... healing, you know? We brought a tv into the bedroom and watched Pop Culture Jeopardy.

Incidentally, a few weeks ago when we went on a walk together we found a tv by the side of the road and I thought hey, I could sell this. Then my spare TV, the smaller one I had back when I lived at mom's took a tumble (I had been stacking it on a precarious pile of books) and it became useful to us. Sometimes life gives you exact change. RIP to that, sorry it went down like this.

Saturday, after dealing with hardship, we went to Mel's parents to decorate their tree. It was relatively successful and undramatic as these things go. Dad and Deb watched Hank for us, since Jake was there.

November has been a'ight, other than the awful parts. I don't feel like getting down on myself for my efforts or lack thereof. I am doing what I can. It could always be more though, and obligations are stacking up. Seeing friends the next few weekends. Papa H is coming over tomorrow to help put up Christmas lights, so that's a thing. Getting tires done Nov 27. Then before you know, it is Christmas.

Okay, my digits are tired and I've poured myself out, and Mel confirmed herself 8n transit sometime ago anyway, and the R.E.M. softies playlist I am listening to is almost over. I did some rare realname writing this week, in addition to some blogging at my other site. If I'm not careful I might get some momentum.

Keep on rockin'

-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home